Monday, March 17, 2014

Baptism, Baptism, Baptism

So... Top of the mornin' to ya. Are we Irish at all? Just asking. So how are ya'll?!?! This week was pretty amazing!!! 

On Tuesday, we met with our investigator who was in a rodeo accident when he was in high school (I'm just going to refer to him as rodeo from here on out). Rodeo is doing so well. We went over God's plan for all of us to be able to return to live with him. He understood all of it and has been reading the Book of Mormon. Rodeo says that he is beginning to believe that what we are saying is true! YEAH! We saw him again on Sunday and read through 2 Nephi chapter 4 with him. He is awesome! We love him lots! We think that he might think that he needs X-amount of faith to be baptized, but we know that baptism shows great faith! All you need is faith the size of a mustard seed to move mountains so, how much do you need for everything else? Not very much! 

We had dinner with S. and her family Tuesday evening. We really wanted to get over and meet her family before her baptism on Saturday. I've got to be honest. I was kind of nervous! It was like I was meeting my future in laws or something. (Weird analogy I know, but yeah). I wasn't sure how her parents would react, but it was awesome. Her family is great! They had us over for dinner and they are super supportive of S's decision to be baptized!! After dinner, we went over to the church with S. for her baptismal interview! She passed!! Baptism for Saturday was a go!

Friday, we went on exchanges. I went with Sister Wilcox into 2nd ward boundaries. It was a lot of fun. I feel like I learned a lot as well and it really helped me to grow as a mission. So it was awesome! We seriously stopped and talked with everyone on the street! It was great! We also met with a 15 yr. old who is investigating the church. Seriously it is amazing to me that all the young people are wanting to strengthen their relationship with Christ. It is awesome!!! 

I could hardly sleep Friday night because I was so stinkin' excited for S's baptism. Sister Purcell and I are so control freaky that we stopped by earlier in the day to make sure someone was there to fill the font. We made sure that everything was set up perfectly and ready to go. The baptism was at 4:30pm on March 15th, a day that I won't soon forget!! So many of the ward members were there to support her! Non-member friends were there too! Girls from the dance team and her whole family came. It was incredible. There were so many people there that most everyone had to stand to watch the baptism. The spirit was so strong!! It was awesome!! Elder M ended up performing the baptism. Like any teenage girl, she noticed how cute he was and said "I want him to baptize me!" haha. So it all worked out. Hopefully some day they get married. I guess we'll just have to wait and see! 

Brother Goulding confirmed S. a member of the church on Sunday and gave her the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was an amazing blessing! She is going to be an amazing influence to her friends and family! Sister Purcell's family sent leis so after sacrament meeting, we went over and put them on her. She is so happy! She was trying to hold back tears all throughout the blessing. Love her lots!! 

That was pretty much the week in a nut shell!! Sunday night we taught S. her first lesson as a new member! It was great! I know that baptism truly is the gate to greater blessings and to living with God again! I know that we will see Him again and live with Him after this life on Earth. I love and miss you all like crazy!! 

       Sister Fish






 



No comments:

Post a Comment