Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Final August Post

Why hello there...
     I can never remember what happened each week so pretty much, I have to pull out my planner and my journal so I can let you know what is happening in my life! So you should feel pretty special that I put so much effort into writing you.
     Sister Fellman and I have decided that we are going to do our best and work our hardest to be missionaries that are worthy to be on The District videos that the church created. They are these movies that we watch as missionaries for training. In the videos, a camera basically just follows different sets of missionaries in the area they are serving. You see them plan for the day/week, in district meetings, and teaching investigators. They are actually pretty awesome movies and we do learn a lot from them.
     We found a new investigator this week! HOORAY!! She is so sweet and is married with 2 little girls. She sees the need for religion in her and her kids lives. I know that God put her in our path. This gospel will bless her life and because the family is so central to God's plan for us (his children) I think that she will be really receptive to our message.
     This week, we had exchanges. So pretty much exchanges are when you switch companions for a day with a companionship that is in a leadership position. For the sisters, we have a companion that is a Sister Training Leader. I went out with Sister Gifford and she is pretty awesome!! She heads home in December so she is full of lots of wisdom and has obviously been a missionary for a while so she is really good at teaching people. We were in her area which was lots of because I got to meet new people! It was a pretty busy day!
     There was a ward BBQ this past Friday and it was tons of fun!!! It was a good time because a lot of people came and a lot of the less actives we have been teaching were there!! It was awesome plus free food!
     And on top of an already great weekend. We had a few investigators at church!!! They came for sacrament meeting at least which is a good step in the right direction. So hopefully they will come to all of church next week especially since it is fast and testimony meeting. Getting investigators to church is a major step towards baptism/conversion. If they go to church, they are surrounded by other normal people who lead lives full of struggles and joys plus the spirit is even stronger at church and you learn so much from what others say/teach.
     So my week was pretty good!!!! I hope to hear from you guys soon and love you all as much as I love cake (which is a lot).
Love,
Sister Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment