Monday, October 7, 2013

Last Week in Elko?

To my dearest family and friends....

Well things have been rough to say the least. I have come to understand when everyone tells you that these 18 months will be the hardest of a persons life. A mission just tries you in so many ways, but I know that I will grow and learn so much more than I ever could at home! The Lord blesses us in our righteous endeavors!

I loved conference!!!! Oh my goodness it was so good. I felt like everyone was just speaking directly to me which just reminded me how much the Lord loves each of His children! It is just too hard to pick a favorite talk because each had something that I needed to be reminded of! We watched both sessions on Saturday with members. The morning was with a 60 year old less active. Florence is never afraid to tell you just what she thinks, that's for sure!! And then the afternoon session, we watched at the Halls and they are a sweet old couple in their 80s. Then we watched the Sunday sessions at the stake center. Dressing up for conference was kind of weird, no pjs for us!

It seems like a lot of our investigators or potential investigators are kind of fizzling out on us. No one will return our phone calls or whenever we go over they are "busy" (whether they really are busy is still a mystery). So it has been one of those weeks. Next week, we will put a lot of effort into finding, that'll be fun! We asked our 84 year old potential, Edie if she wanted to learn more, but she just flat out said no. It was heartbreaking, especially since she already knows so much about the church and get this, she watches conference every year!!!!!! Every 6 months, she has conference on the tele!! She said she loves the messages! It was pretty frustrating and sad and sad! We'll keep visiting her though cause we just love her tiny self so stinkin' much!

Then Thursday, we were inside for most of the day cause Sister Fellman's eyes and face were so swollen and puffy. She tried sleeping it off most of the day, while I had to try to find ways to keep myself busy. We think she had an allergic reaction to this new face lotion that she bought because her skin was also red and itchy! Yeah, I hate being in a basement all day. It really makes one grateful for the sunshine!!!

The Relief Society activity for the month was about safety! Brother Hessing, (he's a police officer) came and shared with the women some tips on how to keep safe in parking lots, when out jogging, at night, etc. It was actually pretty interesting! It was super funny though, because every time a scenario was brought up, it involved Walmart. So watch out guys, Walmart is a super sketchy place, at least in Elko! Haha!

Transfer calls are this week! That'll be weird and next transfer, I am no longer being trained, which means the chance of me getting a new companion is higher! Sad thought! Sister Fellman has seriously taught me so much and she is just an awesome missionary! I love her guts!

Not much else happened this week, it's been a slow one!! I hope to hear from ya'll soon and like the apostles told us, don't be afraid to be a missionary even without a badge!!

Love and miss ya'll!!

Sister Fish

No comments:

Post a Comment