Monday, February 10, 2014

The past transfer...

Sorry I have been the worst at writing a weekly email this transfer. It has been crazy out here! Thanks for all the love and prayers everybody! They help so much!!

So the past few weeks a lot has happened!! We were given a new investigator! Literally given. A member called us and told us that they knew someone who was super interested and that they need us to teach her that very night. S. is 18 years old and so prepared. She is already planning on serving a mission. She hasn't even been baptized yet. She is awesome. This past week in a lesson, she prayed and bore her testimony. The spirit was so strong. I was beaming the whole time she was talking. She is going to be baptized on March 15th

Last week was not so fun. It was actually really sad. Two of our investigators dropped us. They told us they weren't interested anymore. What makes it so disheartening is that I know they've felt the spirit testify that this Gospel is true. We were depressed for a few days, but now we are up and going. We know that people are being prepared to receive this gospel.

We are working on finding new investigators and less-actives to teach. I don't think I've ever prayed this hard in my life! Sister Purcell has taught me so much about the importance of praying till bad feelings go away and that it truly is communicating with God. Prayer is real because God loves His children, and like any good father, He wants to hear from His children. 

We had Ward conference this past Sunday! It was incredible. The speakers were definitely inspired. They talked all about the importance of family home evening, family prayer, and scripture study. If there has been one thing I have learned so far, it has been that strong families are based on learning the gospel together. So my challenge to you all is to start doing daily family scripture study and prayer! Read a section from preach my gospel daily too! Read these things right after dinner if you have to. Find a time that works for your family.

Transfers are next week! We get the call on Sunday Feb. 16th. We'll see what happens. It is less than likely that I will leave because I am still training Sister Purcell, but who knows what the Lord needs us to do. 

                    Much Love and Lots 'o Hugs!!

                                  Sister Fish

Sister Bringhurst and I on exchanges Friday, Feb. 7th


 

No comments:

Post a Comment