Monday, February 24, 2014

Still in Elko...

Hola family!!

So still in Elko! By the end of this next 6 weeks, I will have been here for half of mission!! Yay, yay! 

This week was crazy!! We had another Sister with us and she was getting transferred so we had to make sure she and the area she was serving in was ready for elders to come. It was crazy! We got to meet a few of the people in her area too and man, I almost wish we were covering both 4th ward and 3rd ward. 

David was one of the people we met. He is southern and boy is he witty. Kind of flirty, but really looking for God in his life! Funny story, he got Sister Purcell blushing so bad by winking at her. We were all busting up. On a more spiritual note, as we taught him more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ he accepted the invitation to be baptized when he comes to know these things are true. My heart was pounding because he already knows, he just expects a certain level of perfection from himself before he makes covenants with God. 

We had an amazing discussion with S. last night at the Goulding home. It was girls only because it was on the Law of Chastity, but it wasn't awkward teaching it at all. We sat around the kitchen table and just talked. There was laughing and the spirit was there teaching everyone. I felt like I learned a lot more about that law as we discussed it. I am so excited for S. to be baptized. Mostly, I am excited that she is excited!!! We love her to pieces! She is already thinking of serving a mission! She's great, great, great!!

Being a missionary is an emotional roller coaster! I feel super bi-polar a lot of the time! I love it though! There isn't anything else I'd rather be doing at this moment, than serving the Lord. I know that I am a child of God and that He is won't put me through anything that I can't handle! 

I love ya lots! 
          Sister Fish
 
Transfer DAY!!


 
 
 
This is Pam, her daughter and Grand baby.  The Elders in our ward taught her and she invited us to her baptism this past Saturday.
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment