Monday, November 10, 2014

Love this Black Tag

Bon-Howdy!!

I got that greeting from our assistants to the president. One is from the south and the other is from an island where they speak French, New Caledonia I think? So I stole their greeting! :)

So how are things with everyone? From what I hear, it sounds like things are good. Things are good out here. It is starting to get a little chilly. Not excited for that. We haven't had snow yet though. That is super nice.

We had a  pretty okay week. Satan was kind of getting us down but we were able to push through and have some pretty awesome lessons. We truly are our own worst enemies when we let Satan belittle us and make us think we are less than we truly are. I have been studying a lot about Jesus Christ though. It has really helped me to understand how he truly is our Savior and Redeemer. I am always so grateful for His atoning sacrifice and His love for each of us.

This week we were able to visit with Kim an investigator! She has the desire to read the Book of Mormon and we were able to testify to her of the Plan of Salvation. She had a daughter who just had complications from a pregnancy so she was a little stressed and worried. The spirit was so powerful and I know she felt the love that He has for her. This past week I was reading a talk from Elder Christofferson and in it he quotes a missionary who said, "Thank you black tag for allowing me to have intimate experiences with compete strangers." I love that quote now. I kept thinking that as we walked out of Kim's home. I am so grateful to be a representative of the Lord Jesus Christ.

We were also able to meet with the Engle's. They are a great couple who love the Lord and are already striving to follow Him. We taught them about the restoration and introduced them to the Book of Mormon. Sister Engle was thumbing through it as we spoke about it and how it is another witness that Jesus is the Christ. I hope that they read it!! I feel like they will. They said they would try to be at church and weren't there. That was a bummer but hopefully they will come soon!

I have to get a flu shot today. Not excited... at all. That's like the worst thing. Hopefully I survive. haha!

Well I hope all is well and that ya'll are staying warm now that the weather is cooling off! I know I'll be trying me best not to freeze! I love and miss you all sooo soo much!!
                             Sister Messervy

No comments:

Post a Comment