Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Happy Turkey Day

Another year has come and gone since the holiday all about gratitude. Somehow I still find my self in the Elko zone!! Haha!!

I am so grateful for the holiday season. I am grateful that the Lord is mindful of us and knows our needs. I love you all so very much and hope you enjoy your turkey comas!!

This week was rough but we received lots of blessings.

The members were so great this week too! Sister Burton invited us over for dinner with a part member family and we were able to bear testimony of the Savior and Sister Burton was too. The family was touched. The husband who is a non member has been struggling with his health and is worried about accepting the Savior because when people accept the Savior, they die. That is what he believes. He is so worried, but his wife who has the gospel is so calm and confident in the promises of the Lord. We are excited to help the husband build his faith in the Savior, Jesus Christ.

Then Sister Cordova invited us to take dinner over to a former investigator/part member family's home. We bore testimony of the Book of Mormon and it's witness that the Savior lives and He loves us. They have also been battling some health concerns!

Cat our investigator has some questions about the 3 Kingdoms of Glory so we dropped off the triple combination scriptures for her to look over Doctrine and Covenants. She is amazing and has a strong desire to be baptized. As we were talking, you could see that the Spirit enlightened her mind with new knowledge. At one point, we were talking about alcoholism and she looked at us and was like, "Wow, ladies, I am just like those alcoholics, but with cigarettes." It really hit home for her.

The best part of the week was that the night before we were supposed to see Cat which was Wednesday, Sister Rogers and I both had some crazy dreams. We were sitting at the table, doing our studies and I just looked at Sis Rogers and said, Cat needs a baptismal date and I think it should be January 8th.  I told her that the night before, I had had a dream about it and that was the date we set her with. Then Sis. Rogers told me that she had a dream that we saw her and another investigator baptized. My heart was pounding. And I was geeking out!!! I know that those were given to us from the Lord. It was one of the most precious experiences I have had as a missionary.

I learned a lot about charity this week. I have realized that I could be better about having Charity. This pure love of Christ should be the driving force of everything we do!!

Well I love you and miss you all more than butter loves toast!!!
                     Sister Fish 

No comments:

Post a Comment