Monday, December 8, 2014

Final Transfer...What?!?!

Carlin is my new home!!! I will be in Carlin for another 6 weeks! Yep. Sister Rogers will still be my companion and she will now have been my longest companion. Good thing I now can keep a companion for 3 transfers! haha!! 
AHAHAHAHAH!!!! I feel like I have a panic attack just about everyday thinking about how close the end is near... It can't be over can it? Well good thing it won't be. I won't be teaching full time but I will be looking for ways to be a missionary full time. Everything we learn through trials or experiences are being learned so we can use it in the future. Does that make sense?
It was a rough week, but a good week. We have been seeing lots of miracles but lots of challenges too. That's how we know we are doing something right!!

A lot of our investigators have been really flaky lately and are just using their agency not to meet with us. I really hope that they will be straight with us if they don't want to meet anymore or that they will keep their appointments. I really appreciate honesty and straight forwardness so much more now!!! 

We were able to see this C. family this week. They have been having a  struggle in a lot of different aspects in their life. They are a part member family and we invited the father to hear more about the restored gospel this past week. He accepted!! I am so excited. I love this family so much and I can just feel how much he needs to be baptized and how much that will help him in his life especially at this time.

One of my favorite things about being a missionary is feeling the Savior's love each and everyday, but not just His love for me, His love for everyone. When I invite people to learn of how they can have an eternal family I can feel the Savior's love and concern for them! He is so real and so aware. I know that to be true. He knows us deeper than we know ourselves. He knows what is best for us and I just love that about Him.

Sunday, we monitored at the creche! It was lots of fun. I am grateful to be here in Elko for it again this year. I learned so much about the nativity that I never knew. Just to name a few, there was a taco truck there, a back hoe, and also a dragon. ; Every community needs something like this. A place where everyone can display their nativities to the rest of the neighborhood. It is just the perfect way to celebrate the Christmas season. I loved the First Presidency's Christmas devotional as well. Everything that was shared related back to the testimonies shared in our testimony meeting at church. 

The Christmas season is one of the best times to share your light of Christ. Share the knowledge and truth that we have with everyone around them. Our Father in Heaven gave us the most precious and greatest gift of all, His son. Because of that gift, we need to share the gift of eternal families with everyone!!! Don't be afraid! Just share it! 

I love you guys lots and lots and lots!!! Miss you too!! Have you heard anything about skyping yet? Just wondering! I think I should be available whenever but can you convert the time you give me to Nevada time! I would appreciate that!! 

miss ya lots! See ya soon!
          Sister Fish 

No comments:

Post a Comment