Tuesday, July 9, 2013

First Time Temple Goer

      On June 8th I had one of the most best experiences of my life! Going through the temple to do your own work is an amazing experience!! The Oquirrh Mountain Temple in Utah, was seriously so beautiful!
        It's funny how no one really talks about what goes on inside temples other than marriages/sealings and baptisms for the dead and everything else is kept kind of  behind closed doors. The reason for this is because the work done in temples is sacred, not secret. So because it is so sacred it is kept a secret. Get it? I had no idea what to expect for my first time. I was so nervous but so very very excited. The temple is such a beautiful place and I have such a testimony that temple work does allow families to be together throughout eternity! It is a very different experience, but I went in with a somewhat open mind. Honestly though, I did have the thought that I can totally understand why some people believe we are a cult. But we are not and the feelings of the spirit were so strong and warm, that I knew that what I was seeing/experiencing was so right and I am so thankful for the people who were there to help me and support me!!! I am so grateful that as a missionary, I get to have those extra blessings from the temple as  I serve the Lord in Reno!

                               Temple Expert, Almost,
                                                         Felicia

No comments:

Post a Comment