Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Labor Day...Already?!?!

GAH! Can you believe that it is September already! That is seriously so crazy! Even the leaves here are showing signs of fall! It is coming quick I tell ya! I hope it comes fast because I can't wait to wear cardigans!! I love layering! It is probably one of my favorite things! (Thanks for letting me ramble off for a minute about how much I love fall!) 
 
Well.. what to say, what to say... This week was pretty good! On Monday we did that usual p-day thing and met up with other missionaries! Then we had dinner with our ward mission leader and his family. From there, we went and did family home evening with a part member family. We talked all about the restoration. How Christ established his church, how after he was crucified, the authority to act in His name was taking from the Earth, and then finally, how the church was restored through Joseph Smith! We even taught all of that, using visuals of a piece of paper, and cups! Pretty cool! 
 
Dee is my favorite! She is just the neatest lady! She is all about gardening and being thrifty and frugal! She also doesn't sugar coat a thing and just tells it how it is! We were finally able to teach her about the restoration as well in a member's home! Sister C bore a powerful testimony about why baptism is essential, and now Dee wants to know why! 
 
Shawn and Pat crack me up! We met with them at the Aland's home and taught about Christlike attributes! After we went running with Pat. We are trying to help him replace his smoking and drinking addiction with other things! So, tonight we went running! It was pretty funny! I think Pat wanted to cus us out the whole time, but he seemed to enjoy it too! He was laughing and talking most of the time :) 
 
Wednesday was a great day too! We read through the introduction to the Book of Mormon and a few chapters in it with J. Seriously, the Book of Mormon has become my favorite book as I read and study from it each and everyday! I love the stories in it and I love how applicable they are to my life! Sooo relatable even though these people in it lived like, what, hundreds of years ago! Make time to study from the scriptures! It helps your day go so much better if you've read the word of God.
 
We also had lunch with an investigator who we haven't seen in forever! Which was great! We were able to answer some of her questions and chat with her some more!
 
Of course, we saw Pat again with Bro Fritter. We talked about the Doctrine of Christ! It was a pretty good discussion! On Saturday, Pat was able to attend another baptism. As he talked to some of the other missionaries there, he admitted that there is no place for sin in God's kingdom! WOHOO! He admitted it and even out loud!! Yea! I hope he remembers that because it will really help him as he works to overcome some of his struggles!
 
Zone conference was on Friday! I love zone conference, but at the same time, I don't love being reminded just how much I still need to work on as a missionary and as a person!  But there will always be something to work on and perfect.. what's a girl to do? 
 
We were able to see Destiny and her family and it was a really good time! We read through some of the Book of Mormon with them and even had some dessert! "When Mormon's meet, Mormon's eat!" has never been truer since I've come on a mission!!
 
We had a really great week and lots is happening!!!! I am so grateful to be in the service of my God and your's! I am grateful for the Atonement! I know that it is infinite and because of that sacrifice, we have the power once again on earth to bind families for eternity. Through the priesthood power, there is no till death do you part, there is only eternity! I love you all so much! Thanks for all the love and support!
          LOVE!!
             SIster Fish
 P.S. Look up the talk by Jefferey R. Holland "Missionary Work and the Atonement" because it applies to you as member missionaries!  

No comments:

Post a Comment